Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lots of Projects, starting with the kitchen

I cannot believe I'm moving in 2 weeks.  This is the point where I go over my plans, and really start getting ready.  I've got a couple of projects planned for my new place, and this weekend I'm going to be getting my materials lists together, and doing whatever prep work I can do.  I've got 3 areas I'm focusing on, so to make it easy I'm going to break this into 3 posts.  As excited as I am to share everything I'm doing with you, this is for my mom as much as it is for everyone else.  She tends to get overwhelmed, and likes to know I have a plan, and what the light at the end of the tunnel looks like, so this should help her sleep as we get closer and closer to move day!

The Kitchen -
My colors are ivory, yellow, chive green & maybe orange, and I'm using black hardware.

  1. Pot Rack - The kitchen and dining room are open and not all that large.  There's not a lot of cabinet space, so I think I'm going to add a yellow painted pegboard to one wall to hang my pots and pans.  I need to beg my parents for scrap from my dad's woodshop, and go ahead and get some hooks.
  2. Stained Glass - My grandmother has two great framed stained glass windows in her basement, and I'm going  to hand them in the 2 double windows in the dining room.  This should be easy, all I need are 8 screw in hooks and a length of chain that can be cut into 4 equal lengths.
  3. Painting - I'm not sure if I'm going to need to paint in here or not.  I won't know until I get in Thanksgiving night, but I've got a paint color picked out just in case.
  4. Curtains - I'm not going to be able to put in my dream curtains this month, but I am going to do a placeholder.  I'm going to use my black curtain rods from my bedroom, and make curtains from drop cloths.  I might even dye them the color I was thinking about, so I can see if it becomes too much yellow. I need 2, 9'x12' drop cloths for the kitchen windows ($25 ea, Lowes) and Rose Pink & Lemon Yellow RIT dye (Yellow 2, color #61)  If I'm really good I can have the curtains dyed before I move in.  I may need to borrow my sisters galvanized tub.
  5. Furniture - I'm bringing in my bistro table & directors chairs the first day.  The bakers rack & sette chair as soon as the walls are done, and the sideboard on Sunday when I have helpers.
This is what I want to do, but yellow
 Shopping List:
  1. Peg hooks (12-24)
  2. Benjamin Moore Pineapple Grove paint (#333)
  3. 8 screw in hooks
  4. Chain (length to be determined, 8 feet max)
  5. 2, 9x12 drop cloths
  6. Rose Pink & Lemon Yellow RIT dye
**Note: the pictures are from worldmarket.com  I LOVE world market, and this series of bake ware & stoneware is exactly what I was looking for color wise.  The walls and such will be white-ish, and I'm just looking for a few pieces to be these colors.  I'm aiming for bright, but not in your face. :)

 My Kitchen/Dining Board on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...