Friday, August 2, 2013

(Re)Discover Chattanooga - Brix Nouveau

I love wine.  I love cheese.  I love music.  I was very happy on the Brix Nouveau patio this past weekend.

He who takes better pictures than me.

The concept behind Brix Nouveau is giving people a chance to learn about wine.  People who know wine can order by the bottle or by the glass, but if you don't know wine, the staff is very helpful, and you can order tasting groups called fights.  The flights are groups of wines designed to give you a chance to develop your own tastes, and try things you might not have experimented with on your own.  I believe the idea is that the flight offerings are constantly evolving, so that you can really explore the wine list.  (Twist my arm.) This weekend the options included a sparkling wine flight, which made me really excited.

Where there is wine, there is also cheese, and I love how Brix Nouveau sets this up.  They have an amazing list of meats, cheeses, and accompaniments, and you can pick what size tray you want, and each item on the tray.  We're talking everything from dark chocolate wafers & fresh honeycomb, to dried meats & aged cheeses.


They also use oil and vinegar from Olive, an olive oil and balsamic tasting room on the north shore.  Oh my goodness, this was amazing and deserving of it's own picture.  Raspberry Balsamic ohmygoodness.


The atmosphere is elegant, but relaxed.  It's a place I felt comfortable with friends after a casual trip to the market, but would also be well suited for a nice date.

Looking at the Brix Nouveau website and Facebook page, the theme of wine education is played out in a Wednesday night 'Wine 101 Tasting.'  It's priced at $20, and the discussion is geared towards beginners who want to know more.  The wines are rotated every two weeks, and I think this is a great (and affordable) way to learn about wine.

Our server also mentioned that the North Shore Block Party is this weekend, and the First Annual Progressive Dinner is tonight!  It will start at Heaven and Ale across the street, and end at Brix Nouveau.  The cost is $50 (including tax) and "covers food at all restaurants involved – Heaven and Ale, Foodworks, Sushi Nabe, Gigi’s, Milk and Honey, and Brix Nouveau."  You can travel at your own pace, and pick up tickets today at Heaven and Ale.  All I can say is yum, and yes please.


Edit 8/19/13:  Robin Dance at Pensieve.me has just started a "Love Where You Live" linkup, and the first topic is favorite restaurants.   Brix Nouveau is a perfect fit for this list, with Sushi Nabe, Sweet Basil, Typhoon of Tokyo, The Terminal, Alleia, and Foodworks brunch also deserving of some love!  For more of my favorite places to eat in Chattanooga click on the #CHAeats tag.


Brix Nouveau
301 Cherokee Blvd, 
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 488- 2926    

brixnouveau@gmail.com
Tuesday-Thursday:              5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday-Saturday:                  4:00pm-11:00pm
Sunday:                                4:00pm-9:00pm *
*Sundays featuring 25% of all wine bottles and live entertainment
 

website | facebook | instagram | pinterest
Brix Nouveau, Wine & Cheese Bar on Urbanspoon

14 comments:

  1. Wow! The tray of assorted nibbles looks really good!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Cara would LOVE this she always makes me go to winery's wit her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wineries are so much fun! I can't wait to come back here.

      Delete
  3. oh, that place sounds amazing!!! I drink wine, but I'm not too knowledgeable. At this point, I realize I like a sweet white wine a lot. Sparlking is great. Moscato is perfect. I like a dryer white with dinner. BUT...I'm so novice that wine tastings really intimidate me. I did go to one recently that seemed a little like what you described. Not just a tasting, but an education. That's pretty cool. They didn't serve that awesome platter though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would LOVE to visit this place! Sounds like a dream date sort of spot, where the Man and I could linger for hours! And I love that you took a photo of the balsamic and oil- looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I'm a sucker for good balsamic & oil :) I can't wait to spend a few fall evenings on this patio!

      Delete
  5. I love Chattanooga. I'll have to check this out the next time I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! And check their website for the specials :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, that looks delicious! I wandered over from Pensieve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily Rose--

    I JUST DISCOVERED BRIX NOUVEAU!! My friend Dawn knows the owner and we met there a few weeks ago.

    We didn't try the cheeses, but the bread and olive oil with raspberry balsmaic? We wiped it out. I tried a rose wine flight (didn't like it) but would love to make it to a tasting one of these days. Maybe we can FINALLY meet face to face!! :)

    Thanks for linking up to Love Where You Live...Oy. I've been on the road constantly so have yet to finish my restaurant list...and now I'm running out of time! Dang it!

    ReplyDelete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...