Friday, May 20, 2011

(Re)Discover Chattanooga - Alleia

I wish I could cook like this. Better yet, I wish someone would cook like this for me. Every. Day.

Last Friday, 5 of my friends and I had dinner at Alleia. We called the night before, and were able to get an 8:15 reservation without a problem. I had never eaten at Alleia, but the St. John's family of restaurants may have the best reputation of any group in Chattanooga.


I was not disappointed. We sat in the front section, and floor to ceiling opposing mirrors were pretty snazzy in a 2 table space. We ordered 2 bottles of wine for the table, and it was tough to choose an entree. I went back & forth between Goat Cheese Ravioli with Olives (I can't remember what kind) and the Gulf Shrimp and Pasta with Tomatoes. It was probably the oil spill that made me choose the ravioli, and it was Ah-mazing. I don't normally like olives, but it was just the right salty to compliment the pasta and goat cheese. This was sooo tasty. There was just enough sauce to add a bite too. yummy. yummy. yummy.

Every dish on the table looked great. My friends raved about how tender the pork cheeks were, and the cowboy steak looked fantastic. All of the sides were paired very well, as they should be, and cooked to perfection. The food on our plates was steaming it they came to the table.

I had peach and vanilla gellato for dessert. It doesn't get any better.

I haven't posted all of the places I've tried so far, but this is my favorite new place to eat in Chattanooga!

Alleia Restaurant
25 E. Main Street ~ Chattanooga TN
423 305-6990
http://alleiarestaurant.com ~ Facebook

Hours: Monday–Thursday 5:00-09:30pm, Friday–Saturday 5:00-10:00pm
Sample menu (winter)
Alleia Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I like your comments about Chattanooga restaurants. Thank you for steering me in the right direction. I a subcontractor, working at TVA as lead scheduler for Fossil power. My degree is in Mechanical but I have a couple of years of Music (I was the first Classical Guitar magor at UTK) and Electrical engineering (I wasn't that great as a guitarist). I live in the same building as Chato, and go there often, though I prefer Food Works across the street. Ted Long.

    ReplyDelete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...