Thursday, April 11, 2013

(Re) Discover Chattanooga - Lupis

You can't go wrong with Lupi's. When I was in high school the downtown Lupi's was "the" place to go.  There were Christmas lights inside, your friends were there, it was the fun place to be.

Fast forward to now, and when I came back from Clemson, not only was Lupi's still around, they had expanded to my neck of the woods, East Brainerd.  And now they have wine.
 
Since I've been back, I've gotten into the local food movement, and I was surprised to lee Lupi's on the Harvested Here, Restaurant Week list.  If I had paid more attention to the food before, I wouldn't have been surprised.  Lupi's has always been a supporter of Local ingredients, I was just too distracted by the lights to notice...and I was 16.  That played a part too.

Lupi's uses as many local ingredients as possible.  This includes everything from local whole wheat flour, to local (and organic) gluten free pizza dough, to local toppings from the farms shown in the blurry picture on the side of this post.  They're also supporting another local company, PURE Sodaworks.  I love that Lupi's has seasonal toppings, and I can't wait for the heirloom tomatoes this summer, their caprese salad is on point!

Lupi's in East Brainerd is a semi-regular stop for me, one of the few on this side of town.  I like to dine in and have an adult beverage, but my mom does the 'Take & Bake',  and it's located right next to Heritage Park, so it's never a bad idea to pick up a to-go order and head to the park.
Zucchini & Mushroom
Sun Dried Tomato & Garlic, Spinach & Artichoke
Edit 4/12:  You can see from the pictures that they don't skimp on the toppings at Lupi's.  I will recommend that you stay away from the garlic though.  There was a lot on my slice, and it wasn't quite all the way roasted.  You can tell that they roast the garlic in house, so it may have been a one time thing, but I would have liked to see less garlic, that was all the way cooked.
 
Lupis Pizza
1414 Jenkins Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
(423) 855-4104
Also: Downtown, Hixson, Cleveland
Hours: Monday: Closed, Tues- Thurs: 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat: 11am-11pm, Sun: 11:30am-9pm
Menu | Take & Bake | website | facebook 
 
Lupi's Pizza Pies on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I do love pizza, and that looks wonderful!
    Have a great week-end!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...