Wednesday, November 6, 2013

fall colors

The leaves have been so beautiful this year.  Since I've moved into my house, I've been a part of the Fall Color Project at Growing the Home Garden(Last year's leavesMy pictures from this weekend pale in comparison to the natural view, but I think you can get an idea of how spectacular the leaves in Chattanooga, TN are this year.  I hope you enjoy a few of my (unedited, iphone) pictures!

The view from my front porch.

My house is painted!
The oak trees are a beautiful bright yellow right now.

More yellow Oak trees.
This Oak has started the transition to orange.
This picture of the pond is about a week old,
but the colors were great.
It was so hard for me to take pictures of the pond.

The colors never came out as vibrant as they are in person.

But they're still pretty.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful !!!!!!!!
    I especially like the second photo.
    Hope you are having a wonderful week!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea, I love the way the sun was peeking through the leaves. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Emily Rose! Your fall colors are fantastic! I think that you took great pictures of the pond! The reflections of the trees look like a painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get double the pleasure with the beautiful reflection in the still water. Are those birch trunks being so well reflected in those scenes. You are very blessed to drink in such gorgeous imagery during the primetime of the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrick! There are a few birch trees in the pond pictures, but also some oaks that caught the sun just right. Happy New Year!

      Delete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...