Thursday, June 6, 2013

(Re)Discover Chattanooga - Riverbend 2013

Is it time for Riverbend already?  I think this mild spring has gotten to me, because I'm not nearly as prepared as I usually am.  This time last year, my pins were purchased, and my list of bands that I wanted to see was complete.

I'm not completely slack though, and for the first time in a long time, there are a good number of headliners that I want to go see.  CeeLo Green for example...how in the world did we get CeeLo?  Have I mentioned that pins for the whole nine day festival are $32 right now??  And only go up to $45 on Friday??  CeeLo is worth $45, and you've also got Lynyrd Skynyrd.  I'm even a little pumped about O.A.R.  Why not?  It's like a free show that you know is going to be fun.  Plus, the main stage is a barge on the river, what's not to love??

So without further adu, or a ton of research, here is my list of what I'm most excited about for Riverbend 2013:
  1. CeeLo Green - Saturday, June 8th, 9:00pm Coke Stage (bio)
  2. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Thursday, June 13th, 10:00 pm, Coke Stage (bio)
  3. O.A.R. - Saturday, June 15th, 9:30 om, Coke Stage (bio)
  4. 10,000 Maniacs - Sunday, June 9th, 7:30pm, Bud Light Stage (bio)
  5. The Strut - Monday (info)
  6. Roger Alan Wade & Sparkle Motion - Wednesday, June 12th, 9:15 pm, TVFCU Stage (bio)
  7. Strung Like A Horse (local) - Thursday, June 13th, 9:15 pm, TVFCU Stage (bio)
  8. Psychedelic Furs - Wednesday, June 12th, 7:45 pm, Bud Light Stage (bio)
  9. Galactic Cowbow Orchestra - Friday, June 7th, 9:15, TVFCU Stage (bio)
  10. Florida Georgia Line - Friday, June 7th, 7:45 pm, Bud Light Stage  (bio)
  11. FIREWORKS - Saturday, June 15th, 11:00-ish pm, over the Tennessee River (Google image search)
Edit 6/7/13 - Apparently I missed a few bands.  Let me know who you would like me to add : ) 
  1. Moon Taxi - Friday, June 14th, 9:30 pm, TVFCU Stage (bio)
  2. Steel Pulse - Saturday, June 15th, 7:30 pm, Bud Light Stage (bio)
  3. Larry Carlton trio - Thursday, June 13th, 9:30 pm, Unum Stage (bio)
 And last, but not least is the food!  For better or for worse, Riverbend is known for the festival food.  If it's fried, you can find it.  If you want it on a stick, you can get it on a stick.  If you want it coated in sugar, by golly there is powdered sugar to be found.  Last year my favorite find was a Fried Green Tomato Burger & Fried Mac & Cheese from Funny Face Foods near the Bud Light Stage.  I'm crossing my greasy fingers that they'll be back again this year!


One thing I always recommend for Riverbend is Blanket Seating.  I think they're doing it again this year, but I'm not sure.  Its mentioned in the FAQ of the website, but not the admission part where they talk about the different seating options.  I've asked about it via twitter, and if I get a response I'll let you know....Anyway, if there is someone playing on the Coke Stage that you really want to see, the extra $10 per person is 100% worth it.  It has its own set of port a johns and concessions. You're a little below the stage, but you can actually spread out and enjoy the show.

Riverbend Information:

Pins: General Admission Pins can be purchased from May 1 - June 7 at midnight for $32 at local Kangaroo gas stations. Gate price starting June 8 is $45. One night wristbands are $26 and can be purchased at the entry gates. Senior citizen and military one night passes are discounted to $12.
Tokens: Festival tokens are valued at $.50 cents each, and are used for all food and beverage purchases. Token Centers are also located throughout the festival where they are sold at face value. Tokens are nonrefundable, but may be used at the 2014 Riverbend Festival. 

Parking: Plenty of paid parking is available throughout downtown Chattanooga. Shuttle buses will be available for $1 per ride from 6PM-12:15AM every night of the festival, except during the Bessie Smith Strut (Monday, June 13th). Parking is available at Finley Stadium and the Chattanooga Choo Choo. The shuttle will drop patrons off at the corner of 3rd and Bro ad Streets. 
Alcohol: Age verification wristbands are required for all alcoholic beverage consumption. Wristbands are available at all token and beer locations.  All alcohol sales will cease 15 minutes before the final show is scheduled to end. All other concessions will close when the last show is over. 
Blanket Seating: Bring a blanket and stretch out on the lawn in front of the Coca-Cola Stage for only $10 a person (per night) with your Riverbend admission pin. Wristbands available at the Main Gate located at Chestnut and 2nd Street, and at the entrance to the Blanket Seating area. (from 2012 website)
Boaters: Boaters can enter the festival through the Walnut Street Pier Gate, but admission pins must be purchased in advance.

Website | Facebook | @rbfestival

Last Year's Posts: bands & information, photoset 1 (music), photoset 2 (food)

6 comments:

  1. The shuttle is the best parking value. There is little to no hassle parking problems down at Finley and the shuttle puts you out near the Festival site. It's what we do each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!
    I tasted Fried Mac & Cheese just recently - awesome!
    Have a beautiful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER go to Riverbend. Crowds & heat are not my thing. But I'm looking forward to any reports you have about the food you try there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food is always interesting, sometimes good, sometimes not so much. It's going to be hard to top the mac & cheese from last year. It was good enough to have grandmother approval.

      Delete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...