Monday, January 21, 2013

2013 - my year of travel

2011 was my year to (Re)Discover Chattanooga.  I had just moved back, and the city had changed so much. There was a lot to do, a lot to explore, and most of it is documented on this blog.  It seems like I won't stop finding new things in Chattanooga any time soon, and I love that about this town.

Last year, I told myself that 2012 was going to be the year of my house.  I was going to focus on the house, the yard, and deciding how long I want to be in the house.  2012 was fun, and I learned how I am going to use each space.  I ended up focusing more on the yard than the house, watching and learning what was going to grow, and cleaning up areas that had gotten out of control.  By the end of the year I was able to make some firmer plans for the gardens, and started putting a few things in the ground.  All in all I did pretty good, and never stressed myself out...a definite plus.

Last year, I also told myself that 2013 was going to be my year of travel.  Call it determined, consistent, or stubborn, but this will be my year to travel.  I just got back from a trip to Denver, Colorado, so the ball is definitely rolling.

2013, so far

I love to travel, but when I was living in Clemson I got away from it.  I've traveled a decent amount abroad (Belgium, Germany, The Bahamas, The Dominican Republic, & Canada) but not much in the US.  My trip to Colorado was only my second trip west of the Mississippi. (The first trip was to play in the National Pool Tournament in Vegas a few years ago)

travel up to 2013, link

I'd like to see more national parks this year, see more of my friends who are scattered across the country, and just get out more.  So far I've got my eyes on trips to Clemson & Charleston, maybe back to the Denver area to see more of the mountains, but other than that, I don't know.  I am going to renew my passport, just to make sure all my options are open.

2 comments:

  1. sounds great! I rmeember you'd starting to map things out to see what was there in the ground. It will be fun to start your own constructions this year. Great idea to get the passport situated just in case of a good expedia deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy :) I think this year will be fun all around, I'm really looking forward to the garden projects I have planned and the traveling!!

      Delete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...