Friday, February 3, 2012

(Re)Discover Chattanooga - Brewhaus


One great thing about living in Chattanooga is that there is always something going on, and new businesses springing up. Brewhaus sprung up on the North Shore this fall, and I was excited to try it out with friends recently. Like most places on the North Shore, Brewhaus is a small space, but they make the most of it with large picnic style tables inside and patio seating. They also have a garage style door to open up the patio when the weather cooperates.

I feel like German dining is all about comfort food and friends, and Brewhaus gets it without busting out the lederhosen. They call themselves a gastropub, and I like it.  
gas-tro-pub \'gastrÓ™'pÓ™b\ noun
environment with a strong emphasis on chef driven food, paired with good ale & wine, in a casual setting
While I don't know what all the names of the dishes mean - and had to get help from my friends that have spent more than a weekend in Germany to help me with the menu -  I do know that it was all tasty, and there was a LOT of it.  I'm all about value, and our plates were overflowing with good food.  It's really nice to be reminded that comfort food from another part of the world really is just comfort food.

Our reservation was for 11, so we got to try most of the menu.  My favorite surprise?  The honey bacon deviled eggs as an appetizer.  Not something I would usually go for, and I would have been missing out.

I haven't mentioned the beer, but only because I'm allergic.  From what I saw on the table, my friends were happy with the selection, and I'm looking forward to the wine menu...which I think we missed by 3 days.

I had a really good time at Brewhaus and will be back.  It's casual, locally owned, and the food is unique and tasty.  If you're looking for something other than the same old same old in downtown Chattanooga, hop across the river and try Brewhaus on the North Shore.  I think you'll enjoy the change up.
Brewhaus on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...