Tuesday, February 7, 2012

lady and the tramp

"Lady and the Tramp is a 1955 American animated film produced by Walt Disney and released to theaters on June 22, 1955, by Buena Vista Distribution. The 15th animated film in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series, it was the first animated feature filmed in the CinemaScope widescreen film process.[2] The story centers on a female American Cocker Spaniel named Lady who lives with a refined, upper middle-class family, and a male stray mutt called the Tramp."( Wikipedia, 2/7/12)

 Lady & The Tramp was my favorite movie growing up (before it was replaced with Days of Thunder, then Shawshank Redemption, but that is another story) and I had no idea that it was made in 1955 until I checked Wikipedia today.  The reason I was looking up Lady and the Tramp on Wikipedia is that Disney is re-releasing it on DVD and Blue-Ray today....just in time for Valentines Day delivery. 


Mark me down in the "Very Excited" category.  My parents have Lady and the Tramp on VHS (in the poofy/squishy box children of the 80's are so familiar with) and I can't wait to have my own copy.

Just in case someone wants to get it for me, here are a few links:  (that's right, I know my mom reads my blog) 
*Images from wikipedia & Disneystore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...