Monday, August 15, 2011

August Garden Blogger's Bloom Day

Well, most of the blooms on my 4'x6' patio have turned from flowers to fruit, so I thought I'd showcase my tomatoes this month! I have 2 tomato plants in full production, and 4 smaller plants that will hopefully bring me some late season heirloom tomatoes.

The patio is a crowded mess of tomatoes that thanks to sometimes twice daily watering, have yielded a great crop so far.



This batch of tomatoes was turned into 1/2 a jar of BBQ glaze, and 7 Pints of tomato juice seasoned to be the base for Bloody Mary's.


Football season is right around the corner, and I can't wait to make homemade Bloody Mary's and watch College Gameday. Seriously. I can't tell you how excited this makes me. College football season is my favorite time of year, and the thought of adding homemade Bloody Mary's pretty much makes me giddy :)

Sorry for the lack of 'blooms' this month, but in my garden, the tomatoes have stolen the show! To see what's blooming around the world, visit Garden Blogger's Bloom Day hosted by Carol at May Dreams Gardens for links!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your tomato harvest. I would say it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those beautiful tomatoes are worth any number of blooms. I wish my tomatoes were doing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's been a lot of water and a little miracle grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tomatoes look good!! We just made BLT's could have used those :)

    I think everyone is ready for college football season! Just did my Purdue preview

    ReplyDelete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...