Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First Stop, La Altena

My first stop out in Chattanooga was completely new to me. A friend suggested La Altena, a Mexican restaurant in downtown Chattanooga for dinner. I never ate at La Altena growing up, or on my trips home for the holidays.

It was exactly as it should be. La Altena is a hole in the wall restaurant, with authentic flair and staff. The menu is standard authentic Mexican. I was impressed by the super fast service, and super fresh homemade salsa. Everything was hot and tasty, and exactly as it should be for cheap Mexican. My steak enchilada combo & margarita were around $12.00 after tax - 9.25% sales tax in TN is CRAZY, but its what you get with no income tax I guess - completely reasonable. 6:00 on a friday night, and we were seated right away, another plus.

It's not in the best part of town, so I wouldn't take my boss, but its a great place to go with friends for a quick Mexican Fix.

La Altena 314 West Main Street, Chattanooga, TN 37408-1138 (423) 266-7595
La Altena on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...