Friday, March 1, 2013

(Re)Discover Chattanooga - Chat'O Brasserie

To understand this review, you need to know a little about me.  I'm 31, single, and I'm settling into living in my first house.  Reading in between the lines, what I'm really trying to say is that I'm a single income family with some grown-up type expenses.  Also, I'm an honest person, and so are my reviews.  With all of that out of the way, lets talk about Chat'O.


First the good things.

I love the layout and the atmosphere.  It's classy, relaxing, and I've never felt rushed in any of my meals.  It's formal, but I've never felt out of place in my version of night-out clothes (I'm a jeans & a cute top kind of girl).  I've been a few times, once for drinks, once for dinner, and once that ended up more tapas style.  The wine selection is great.  There's variety, and a standard for quality that you would never get at a more run of the mill restaurant.

The bad things.

It's expensive. The food is good, but it's not great.  There is a lot of diversity build into in the menu, and I can tell they spend a lot of time putting it together.  I've had some things that were amazing, and some things that didn't impress me as much. (Every piece of duck I have eaten fell in the amazing category btw.) Unfortunately, there are other upscale restaurants in Chattanooga that I know I'll love anything that comes out of the kitchen.  Alleia being at the top of my list.

How I like to do Chat'O

My favorite way to do Chat'O is tapas style.  I like to take advantage of the first come, first serve, section of the restaurant near the bar.  There are bistro tables for 4, and a long booth that can accommodate larger or smaller groups.  The wine is great, and there is a nice selection of small and medium plates that can be shared.  I am perfectly happy with a glass of wine and the meat & cheese plate.  You can add a salad, or any other the other appetizers, and it's a great way to catch up with friends over a meal without breaking the bank.  If you're thrifty keep an eye out for coupons, they're not opposed to putting them out there.

Chato Brasserie
200 Manufacturers Road ~ Chattanooga TN 37405
(423) 305-1352 (reservations preferred)
website ~ Facebook

Hours: 
Mon - Thu: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm,  
Fri - Sat: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, 
Sun: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Chato Brasserie on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. This post made me hungry. So since you pointed out being single did you go by yourself or with someone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Phats, I've been there 3 times, once me & a friend, once in a group of 6, and this last time a group of 3.

      Delete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...