Wednesday, February 8, 2012

(Re)Discover Chattanooga - ChatO' Brasserie

Good food, good friends, and good wine. That is the combination that brought me to ChatO at 1 North Shore this past weekend.


A friend and I met for 'small plates' & wine, and really enjoyed ourselves.  ChatO sits on the corner, facing Greenlife Grocery at 2 North Shore.  The restaurant has a small intimate feel, but the capacity is probably much larger than it looks, and everything is very warm & polished. There was no wait at 8 o'clock on a Friday in the bar section, so we happily took a bistro table.  We ordered wine and the steak tartar, and it was the perfect backdrop for some overdue catching up.

I enjoyed the food, but thanks to my friend's advice in choosing, the wine was spectacular.  The wine menu is unique in that they offer both 3oz & 6oz pours on select wines, as well as bottle service. This allows you to try more wines if you've come to taste (as we did), and creates a price range from $4 - $7 for a 3 oz pour, and from $24 to $410 for wine or what I'm sure is an exceptional bottle of Champagne. I like this setup and selection a lot, because I feel like there are choices for my pallet, and lets be honest, my wallet.

Again, I really enjoyed my visit with friends at ChatO, and the menu has me intrigued, and wanting to go back for more. I'm just having a hard time deciding between 'medium' & 'large' plates, or the Sunday Brunch.

Charleston-Stone Ground Grit Cakes, Andouille Shrimp Stew

I think I just chose Brunch.

ChatO' Brasserie:
200 Manufacturers Road ~Chattanooga
423.305.1352
chatodining.com ~ Facebook 

Hours: Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Sunday 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
 *Photos from ChatO's Facebook Page
 
Chato Brasserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...