Friday, March 8, 2013

Chattanooga Whiskey Update

I knew a long time ago that I would never work in government.  Everything just moves way to slow.  But it does move.  This is my third post on Chattanooga Whiskey, what it tastes like, and the process they're going through in order to actually make the product in Chattanooga.

Chattanooga Whiskey knew when they started this process that it would be a challenge, and one by one they seem to be jumping over each hurdle.

  • The first hurdle was making a good whiskey.  Check.  
  • The second hurdle was bringing it to market and seeing if there was a demand.  Check.  
  • The third hurdle was getting the Hamilton County community & government on board with allowing a distillery here.  Check.  
  • The fourth hurdle was getting a House Bill 102 through the TN House State Government Subcommittee.  CHECK.

The next step is a full committee vote, and to be honest, I don't know how many more votes are necessary after that before Chattanooga Whiskey can actually start making & aging whiskey here in Chattanooga.  What I do know is Chattanooga Whiskey has cleared each hurdle in stride, and I think they are on their way to making whiskey in Chattanooga and opening the doors for others to do the same.

#VoteHB102


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...