Tuesday, August 21, 2012

summer update

I am a firm believer that summer doesn't end just because the schools have started back.  The days are still long, the weather is still warm.  I'm not letting go.  But football is fast approaching, so I thought I'd take a look at my Chattanooga Summer To Do List, and let you know what I've done, and what I have left to do.

  • Riverbend - I went and I loved it.  Warren Haynes was a highlight, not to mention the fireworks and the food. I got to hear about half the bands on my list, and stumbled on some bands I really enjoyed.  I blogged quite a bit about Riverbend this year so Here are Two of my posts.  Riverbend Website
  • Farmer's Markets - I love the farmers markets!  I love how quiet and personal the experience is at the Brainerd Market.  I love the energy the crowd brings to the Downtown Market.  I've found lots of great tomatoes, fruits and veggies, but my favorite find this year is a rock with 2 wicks & a citronella reservoir for my front porch! (Mosquitos are not invited to porch night.)  Brainerd Market on Facebook Chattanooga Market on Facebook.
  • TN Aquarium's new exhibit - I haven't been yet BUT have 3 young cousins coming in this weekend  This is not strictly a summer activity, so if I don't make it before the equinox, all will not be lost.Website
  • River Rocks - This festival is one of the last of the summer, and I plan to up my participation from last year and attend two of the events.
  • Chattanooga Lookouts game - Yes!  Lookouts games are a lot of fun. There are family and adult friendly activities all throughout the game.  They list the promotions online, and my advice is to go on one of the fireworks nights.  They put on a great show.  Here is my post about my first trip to see the Lookouts.
  • Outdoor dining - This summer I've hung out outside at Blue Plate, Local 191, Hair Of The Dog, Blue Water, and Urban Stack...and I haven't hit 1/2 of the outdoor dining options.  This is one of the perks I love most about living in Chattanooga.
  • Southern Brewers Festival - IS THIS WEEKEND! I'm so excited.  Woodchuck will be there, (important when you're allergic to hops) and so will P Groove & Drive By Truckers.  This formerly little festival brings together good people, good drinks, and good music all for local charity.  It's a great event.
  • Ooltewah Nursery - I looked that this one and sighed.  My yard is a mess.  I've embraced my wildflowers (weeds to the untrained eye) but I desperately need to take a trip to a local, and nationally renowned nursery.
  • Nightfall - I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't made it to nightfall.  Somehow my Friday nights never take me in that direction.  I need to work on that.
All in all even if I haven't blogged about it, I've done most of the things on this list and had a great summer in Chattanooga!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a great summer :) I am ready for football!!

    Unfortunately for us teachers summer ends when school begins haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trade off being that you have summers off! haha, I know your summers keep you busy, but I'm jealous of your outside time. I never escape the florescent lights of my office. Can't wait for football :) :)

      Delete
  2. I have never been to the Brewer's Festival and that makes me sad. I wish that I could go tomorrow, but my husband has to work Sunday and being hungover while chasing a toddler is no bueno. Maybe next year..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun, and the music gets better every year. Plus its a charity event : ) Next year maybe you can get a babysitter and make it a staycation!

      Delete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...