Saturday, July 30, 2011

(Re)Discover Chattanooga - Chattanooga Auction House

One of my favorite new things to do in Chattanooga is go to The Chattanooga Auction House. Since I am beginning to start thinking about furnishing a house of my own, I've enjoyed seeing the often eclectic offerings at the auction. The items primarily come from estate type sales, but there are some consignment, factory mistake, and overstock items as well. The jewelry selection was pretty impressive too. Diamonds, sapphires, rubies, his & her pieces. LOTS of sparkly things go gush over and try on as they are passed around. I've enjoyed learning about the different styles of furniture and glassware. It's also been nice to see how much these items go for, so I can get an idea of where my home furnishing budget needs to be.

The best part about the auction is that it's fun. The $10 registration fee is deducted from any purchases, and allows you 6 wine tickets and hors d'oeuvres. Even if you don't buy anything (and you probably will..some items go for as little as $10) the experience is a lot of fun. Three auctioneers take turns leading the auction, and they can be entertaining on their own. Add some friends, a little wine, & some really interesting auction items, and it's a low key, fun Saturday night activity. The auction is held the last weekend of the month, Saturday night, and finishing up Sunday afternoon.

This month I'm only able to go Sunday afternoon, but I checked out some of the items online, and this couch is something I have my eye on! Some really nice Victorian sofas went for under $200 last month, so we'll see! I really love tufted furniture right now, and if I get it, I'm toying with the idea of keeping it grey, or dying it brown. Depends on what other furniture I find! :)

Chattanooga Auction House
2423 Broad Street • Chattanooga, TN 37408
Phone:423.266.6603 • Fax: 423.267.7875 • E-mail: mike@thechattanoogaauctionhouse.com
Cost: $10 registration (required) Hors d'oeuvres (Sat. & Sun), 6 wine tickets (Sat. only)
Auction Dates & Time: The last Sat. & Sun. of each month. (5:30 & 1:00)
Auction Preview: Monday - Friday, the week preceding the auction.
Website: http://www.thechattanoogaauctionhouse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...