Friday, July 29, 2011

Wish List -

I've hinted that I'm not going to be in my apartment long. I'm not going to jinx myself by letting the whole cat out of the bag yet, so I thought telling you what was on my dream house wish list is a good way to introduce the topic and for you to get to know me better. When I do get to tell you about my next move, this will help explain why I am so excited. Mind you, I'm not one of those people who has spent years planning this out, but I'm also old enough to know what I like, so here you go.
  1. Laundry Chute - My grandmother has one, and its awesome. I'm really bad about leaving clothes on the bathroom floor, and not having to walk laundry to the laundry room is a bonus my lazy self could get used to.
  2. Built-Ins - I love books, and built ins just look soooo much better than bookcases. I like things that have purpose and belong.
  3. A fireplace - They're awesome. Mesmerizing and energy efficient. What better way to assure your energy is coming from renewable resources than to burn a fire.
  4. A Studio Space - I can do it, but I'm not a fan of packing and unpacking my stained glass stuff.
  5. A Garden - I'm going to have a garden. Its just a matter of if its pots on a patio, or a large garden space.
  6. Water - Living on the water is just peaceful, and I like having water in my life.
  7. Grill & Patio - My favorite place in Clemson was Pete & Lisa's patio. Casual and welcoming, it was perfect, and I'd like something similar.
  8. A bathtub - weird as it is, I'm not a shower person. Give me a long bath any time.
  9. Things that have history/stories - This comes from what I don't like more than what I love. I HATE when they put random nick-knacks/art in rooms on tv. This goes back to liking things that have purpose. I always find myself saying, yes that's pretty, but why is it there?
  10. Dark woods - I love the old library / cigar rooms. The dark wood is comfortable and elegant. This is where I should probably mention that I have expensive tastes.
  11. Bonus: a big, square, brown, leather, tufted ottoman.
Something I hate: I hate big theme rooms that don't match the rest of the house. I think it's tacky. A bathroom with a funky shower curtain is one thing, a living room that looks like the ocean is another.

I have been very happy for years in various apartments with some or none of the above features. I can pretty much be happy anywhere.

So now you know what I like and don't like in a house. :) This probably doesn't surprise you if you know me well (maybe you rolled your eyes at the laundry chute), and if you don't know me well, well, now you know me a little better.

What I'm curious about is what is on your dream wish list, or what is your favorite part of your house. Even you guys I know "in real life" I don't think I know the answer, and honestly I'm kinda curious.

PS - I love the fact that the phrase 'mind you' rolled out in the first paragraph without me trying to be southern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...