Wednesday, March 19, 2014

2014 projects - mark one off the list

Ta-Da!  I now have lattice on my front porch.


This is part privacy screen, and part structure for my Confederate Jasmine to start climbing on.  I grew Confederate Jasmine when I lived in South Carolina, and it tops my list of favorite plants.  It smells amazing, is drought tolerant, and doesn't require much care.  The new growth doesn't love the cold, but once the vine is thick and woody, it gets pretty tough.  It's a fast grower too, which is wonderful, since mine was too young to handle our unusually cold winter this year.

The lattice was about $20 from Home Depot, and it's painted plastic, so I don't have to worry too much about it weathering.  Since it may not be permanent, I hung it on nails with wide heads.  I used roofing nails, but most nails would work.  Pretty simple project, and the price was definitely right.

Cross another one off the list!

1 comment:

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...