Friday, October 25, 2013

shade garden - close ups

I want to keep track of how fast things grow and fill out, so I took these pictures of the plants in the Shade Garden right after they were moved.  The idea is I can look back at them this spring before I move on to other areas, and see what my spacing / density needs to be.


The hydrangea with the best chance
This hydrangea may not make it.

Center section of Hearts-A-Bursting
Huckleberries


Holly - moved 1 week before 1st frost
Little Brown Jugs


Azalea

2 comments:

  1. Garden photos (before, in-between, and after) always a good idea. I'm the world's worst at remembering where I set things out, especially bulbs.
    We have frost advisory for tonight. I'm covering up my lettuce and peppers. My green peas are supposed to tolerate cold weather. We shall see.
    Happy gardening!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everything made it through the frost ok! I brought in a few things, and but mostly just moved things closer to the house and out of the wind, and it did fine. Our weather is supposed to warm up this week, hopefully your peppers will last a little longer!

      Delete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...