Sunday, January 15, 2012

January Bloom Day

There's not a lot blooming at my new house right now, but there is a lot of planning going on :)


I haven't participated in Garden Blogger's Bloom day in a few months because I've been so busy with my move into my Great Grandmother's cottage house.  If you're reading this post from Carol's Garden Blogger's Bloom Day links, the property is 8 acres with a pond, has been in the family for about 80 years, but has been a rental property for the last 10.  I'm so excited to be the new tenant! I think my grandmother has enjoyed being able to spend more time at the house, and with the property. It's been nice that I started my move in November, because I've been able to focus on the inside of the house this winter, and I should be ready to start working outside when spring rolls around. 

I can't wait to see what comes up this spring, and what/where I can add.  I'm located in Chattanooga, TN (Zone 7) and can't wait to get started in this garden.  GBBD has opened my eyes to some great zone 7 garden blogs, and I've been doing a lot of reading and planning.  In my first year I'm going to try and be patient and see what comes up, rather than buy a ton of plants, but we'll see, haha.

Sorry for the lack of photos and blooms, but there will be a lot more in the coming months!  Trust me I'm back when it comes to bloom day posts :)

Here's a link to my pinterest board with my must haves and dreams for my garden :)

*edited 1/16/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...