Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Simple & Tasty

I was browsing through the BEAUTIFUL garden's showcased by Carol at May Dreams Gardens after dinner tonight, and I found Wendy at Greenish Thumb and her Garden to Table Challenge. Since I happened to make a quick dinner tonight using basil from my patio. I thought I'd jump in and share. You'll have to forgive me though - found Wendy's blog after dinner, so the only pictures I have are the basil pictures I proudly texted a friend tonight!

Call me silly, but I was really excited when I was told I could freeze dry herbs in ice cube trays.


I snapped a few freshly frozen leaves, and let them simmer with petite diced tomatoes & garlic for about 20 minutes.

I used this as a topping for shell pasta lightly tossed in Alfredo sauce. Simple & Tasty!

3 comments:

  1. That does look like a simple and very tasty sauce! I like the idea of freezing things and I definitely need to do that more. Your ice cube trays remind me that i used to freeze babyfood in them. I think pesto would probably freeze perfectly this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freezing pesto this way sounds like a wonderful idea. I can't wait until I have enough basil from my garden to start trying recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple is the best! I always forget to freeze my basil into ice cubes year after year.

    ReplyDelete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...