Friday, July 6, 2012

fun with pop rocks

I know that posting this on July 6th isn't much help for anyone, but these really made me happy, and I wanted to share...I mean come on, who doesn't love pop rocks.


This is a pretty easy recipe, it just takes some time.  The only thing I learned is that water and chocolate just don't mix...and that includes food coloring.  I always wondered what paste or gel food coloring is all about, and I learned the hard way that it's for chocolate.  The regular food coloring drops do not work with chocolate.

Ingredients:
  • 1 package strawberries, rinsed & dried
  • 12 oz White Chocolate (10 oz white, 2 oz colored with blue paste food coloring)
  • Pop Rocks - My pop rocks came with 3 flavors packets, strawberry & watermelon (red) and tropical punch (blue-ish).  I found them on the candy isle at the Dollar store, and they were, in fact, a dollar.
Instructions:
  • Melt Chocolate in microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds
  • Dip strawberries in white chocolate & then decorate with pop rocks.
  • Add any additional colored chocolate decoration
  • Chill for 10 minutes in freezer. 
File this one away under Next Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...