Monday, May 3, 2021

new plants 2018

OLD DRAFT: I've been having are dreams of resurrecting's this blog {it happens every spring}, and low and behold I found this 2019 draft awaiting pictures.  While the pictures will likely never be added, here's a little documentation to my gardening efforts from 2018.  

I hope anyone who see's this is doing well!

~Emily


What did I plant last year?  I always say "not much" and then realize it was more than I remember.

My burst of garden energy was focused on expanding my side yard - adding hostas & ferns, and some impatiens for color.  The impatiens didn't do well, but that's to be expected in the poor soil over there.  Improving the soil is a process that just takes time and mulch.  Luckily, I have plenty of both.  The area I started mulching when I moved into my house has improved tremendously, and I'm sure the extended beds will be in good shape in due time. 

I also started fertilizing my struggling boxwoods, and it was a good year for it.  We had lots of rain, and I saw some good new growth.  It will take time for them to fully recover back to the way they were when my great grandmother was alive, but again, I have time.  I also got a pair of pruning sheers, so watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...