Friday, May 21, 2021

may bloom day 2021

I'm a little late....BUT here's a look at what was blooming in my yard on or around May 15th, 2021.

The Iris bloomed for the very first time, and the peonies were putting on a small, but beautiful show. Out of 5 plants, I had 4 blooms this year. This is what happens when you live in the shade, oh well. I'm enjoying what I had, and planning for new peonies in a sunnier spot.

Iris
Peony - Pecher



   
Peony - ? 




My antique roses are settled in and doing their thing. It makes me happy that Buff Beauty is starting to full out and really show off. I also found a Cherokee Rose that must have been planted by my great grandmother. It is in the woods off the driveway, and very close to some of the trees that came down last year in the tornado. I've been in my house almost 10 years now, and this is the first year it's had enough sun to bloom. I'm hoping to take some cuttings, well see how my propagation efforts go!


Rose - Buff Beauty
Rose - Cherokee
Rose - Cramoisi superieur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...