Friday, August 12, 2011

Artists Block

I feel like I've been working on this one window for over a month now, and I've made no progress. Maybe because a more accurate statement is I've been not working on this window for over a month now. Maybe it's because it's not my window, its one I'm finishing for one of my students. Maybe because I don't have a good studio space set up. Maybe it's because I miss working at Backstreets with all of the people, music, and liquid incentives. Either way, its not getting done.

But I always work better under a deadline, and I finally have one. I'm going to Clemson next weekend, and since this window is for Backstreets, it has to be finished so it can be installed before school starts.

This is where I was about 2 weeks ago:


I've finished fitting the left 1/2 of the butterfly, and the bottom section of the right wing. My goal this weekend is to finish fitting, and maybe even solder. Then comes sealing, patina and cleaning. If I get this finished early enough in the week, I have another window in a box, that is in similar condition (but with fewer pieces) that I could take to Clemson as well.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...