Monday, March 5, 2012

(Re)Discover Chattanooga - Julie Darling Donuts

Julie Darling Donuts is somewhat famous in Chattanooga.  They opened just over 2 years ago (before the cupcake craze reached Chattanooga) on the North Shore, and have made a name for themselves with their gourmet donuts & bite size after school snacks.

They have a huge (and beautiful) selection of cake, yeast, & filled doughnuts, along with the 'Little Darling' donut holes.

I stopped by recently to see what all the fuss was about, and promptly oogled over the counter trying to make a decision.  I stopped at "Banana Pudding Filled Donut" and never looked back.

I wish I was a better writer and photographer so I could explain how good this donut was.  It was wonderfully rich, so I took my time and sat outside at a picnic table to enjoy it.  And I enjoyed every. last. bite.  Yes, it was a lot of calories, but the Walnut Street Bridge & Coolidge Park are across the street, so you've got a perfect opportunity to walk it off and enjoy the day.

Julie Darling Donuts:
Phone: 423.591.3737
Hours: Monday - Thursday 7am-7pm, Friday & Saturday 7am-9pm
Julie Darling Donuts on Urbanspoon


  1. To quote the famous Homer Simpson "Mmmm Donuts"

    I love me some good donuts would definitely visit this place if I ever get there

  2. ooh.. yum they sound lovely and I bet they taste good too. I am your newest member. Thank you for letting me visit. Feel free to visit me in the orchard.

  3. Hi,
    I knew "Chattanooga" by a rock song "Chattanooga chuchu" and I thought that is the name of a train. Now I know that in your town Chattanooga one can eat so tasty banana donuts!
    Saint Petersburg, Russia
    Visit my blog


Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...