Tuesday, July 14, 2009

happy Harry Potter movie day!


I love Harry Potter. I mean I really love the Harry Potter series. The books are fantastically written, and the world J.K. Rowling created is so completely described that it is hard not to get lost in them. Every time a new book or movie comes out I re-read/re-watch everything Harry Potter. I even pulled out my French version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5 of 7) on a recent road trip.

[dork moment: There was a point in time that I wanted to collect Harry Potter books in different languages, so I could have all of the different cover art. It didn't work out, but if you ever find yourself needing to buy me a gift...]

Needless to say, I am super excited about the new Harry Potter movie Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince coming out on tonight at midnight! This trailer in particular has had me on the edge of my seat:



What is intriguing about this trailer is that you get the feeling that this movie will both emulate & expand on the book. I'll be honest in that I'm a little nervous about deviating from the original text. My guess is that any additions will serve the purpose of building the suspense, which is cool, and/or showing off special effects, which could be cool, or could be a pointless disaster. The book is 672 pages long, so I have a feeling more will be cut than added. I just hope the additions can make up for what has been left out.

While I did attend a midnight release for this book on July 16th, 2005 -- complete with a Hogwarts Castle shaped cake I might add -- I don't think I can make it for the movie tonight. (Boo) I'm a little disappointed, BUT I am going to try and see it on Friday, and there's a movie marathon planned for the mean time! The good thing about Harry Potter movies is I don't have to worry about anyone spoiling the ending for me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...