Wednesday, April 3, 2013

#travel2013 - Clemson

My last trip to Clemson this past weekend was short, sweet, and completely under the radar, but it still counts towards #travel2013.



Usually when I go to Clemson it's a big ordeal.  Since I spent 10 years there (I feel weird every time I say that), but return less frequently now, I tend to hit the ground running when I get to town, and I never get to spend as much meaningful time with any one person as I would like.  This trip was different.  I took advantage of the fact that it was last minute, and almost a secret.  I concentrated on seeing a select group of people, with the intention of focusing on a different group when I come back in two weeks for some baseball and the Orange & White game.

While there are definitely people I hate I missed, I'm glad I did it this way.  I got to spend real, meaningful time with people without overbooking my calendar trying to see everyone.  Whether is was lunch or drinks, it was really nice to take time to relax and enjoy the people.  The best part about Clemson has always been the people.  This weekend, my time in Clemson was never stressful, I was never rushed, and I enjoyed every minute I got to spend with the wonderful people I saw. 

The part of Clemson I miss most is the laid back attitude almost everyone carries with them.  The appreciating the moment, the environment, the people around them, and the experiences they share.  I love Chattanooga for everything it has to offer, but it's not a coincidence that the very first person I met on twitter in Chattanooga was a Clemson Alumae.

It was nice to have some quiet time in Clemson.

That said, my next trip is going to be a blast, and I can't wait to hang out downtown and see everyone I missed!!

GO TIGERS!

2 comments:

  1. I like slow, easy trips - and fast ones, too! It is good to have a mix of both.
    Have a beautiful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...