Thursday, December 6, 2012

o christmas tree

I love Christmas.  I love the lights, the decorations, all of it. Since this is only my second Christmas in my new house, and last year I had just moved in, I don't have a lot in the way of decorations, and everything is either a hand me down or homemade.

What I do have are lights and a tree...and they're awesome.

My porch lights are so awesome that they stay up all year and are a feature of my Sunday night porch nights.


My tree is also fairly fantastic.  This year's tree is not quite as epic as last years 'go big or go home tree,'  but with a little help from my friends, I did cut it from the yard, and I love it.  It has a more traditional Christmas tree shape and still reaches the top of my ten foot ceilings.


The comedic value of last year's tree was enhanced by how sparsely it was decorated.  This year I've gone to the other extreme, and most branches have 3 or 4 colorful ornaments each.  Seriously.  It's wonderful.  Plus 75% of the ornaments on the tree are older than I am, which I think is pretty hysterical.  Apparently pink & blue & sparkle was what Christmas in the 70's was all about.
 
The only question I have left about my tree is whether to go all out and add vintage silver icicles to my tree...you know, the tacky, messy kind.  What do you think, too much or perfect?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST!!!! :) I say add the icicles thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for icicles, and have to say, my favorite ornaments are the ones I remember hanging on the tree as a little kid. I wish I had some of my grandmother's too. Hand me down ornaments are the BEST ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the icicles are winning out. I'll have to post a pic when the tree is finished!

      Delete
  3. Love your porch lights. So pretty! I lost the will to decorate a couple of years ago :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I haven't done as much as I would like, but it's fun :)

      Delete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...