Friday, February 11, 2011

Strawberry Stuff

Food is a favorite topic of mine. This is a recipe is such a favorite, that I am reciting this recipe from scratch. It's that good. This is usually a summertime recipe, but it's the right colors for this Valentines Day weekend, and again, it's that good. The best part - it's easy to make. So if you're planning on going all out on dinner for someone this weekend, safe yourself some stress over dessert and give this recipe a try. My Valentines gift to you. Or, there are always Heart shaped Little Debbie's :)

Grocery List:
1 tub cool whip
1 Sara Lee pound cake from the freezer section
1 package frozen strawberries
1 package vanilla Jello Pudding (plus whatever it takes to make pudding)
1 package strawberry Jello (the smaller package is ok)

Instructions:
1. defrost strawberries & mix with DRY strawberry jello packet
2 follow instructions for making vanilla jello pudding bu do not chill
3. cut pound cake into 1" cubes
4. place 1/2 of pound cake cubes in a medium to large size bowl (clear works best for presentation)
5. layer strawberry mix over the pound cake
6. layer remaining pound cake over strawberries
7. pour vanilla pudding over top of pound cake
8. top with cool-whip
9. chill according to jello pudding instructions

Done!

5 comments:

  1. Hello there! Didn't know you were on blog I see mr topolk talk about you, and here ya are :)

    That looks really good but neither my wife or I can cook anything, well that's not done in a microwave haha. still looks good though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phats: I'm trying to be a better blogger, I've tried before and failed miserably, haha. Hopefully I'll do better this time.

    The best thing about this recipe is there is no 'real' cooking - just throwing stuff together in a bowl. You can layer it to make it look pretty, but it doesn't change how it tastes. Its a good recipe to start cooking with :)

    Thanks for stopping by! I see your comments on topolk's blog all the time and its nice to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey I am a lazy blogger at best, and most of mine are on sports so I hear ya there haha. It looks really good showed my wife we might try it, I will let you know if it's a success

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find your email address, so I left you an @reply on twitter, but of course it was too long so I had to do it in 2 replies haha. Anywho if you go to this link
    http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-men/d1/2011

    and just pick the west region and get them to me tonight without cheating and looking at scores haha You are in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ya my email is phats_blog_email@yahoo.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Sooooo, the spammers have finally discovered my blog. I'm not sure if that means I've 'made it', but it does mean that I have turned on comment moderation for my older posts. Don't worry though, I get the notifications quickly, and promise to read and publish anything that doesn't include random comments or suspicious links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...